1 Official SAEVA spokesperson of equine veterinarians in that region.
2. Liaise with private and state vets in the region regarding disease outbreaks and other significant information – see below.
3. Disease Reporting – see below.
4. Liaise with vets in other regions regarding outbreaks of notifiable diseases and control measures thereof – see below
5. Through the Communications Committee and Chairman keep the website update on the latest disease outbreaks.
6. Attend meetings and workshops in the region. AHS workshop
7. Liaise with other equine related bodies in the region e.g. FarriersAssociation
8. Assist in the Equine content for the regional SAVA Congress and encourage SAEVA member participation and encourage interaction with mixed practice veterinarians.
9. Sit on congress organising committee when the congress occurs in that region. (See tasks required under congress organising committee)
10. Assist the welfare committee chairman in his task (see later).
Aim: To collect, collate and distribute information on equine diseases on a real-time basis, with monthly summary reports distributed as well
• as a service to SAEVA members
• to the state veterinary services to facilitate improved disease reporting and foster the relationship between the state veterinary services and private practitioners
Execution: A web based reporting system that is quick and easy to operate with input driven by SAEVA regional representatives has been developed (ECOD).
Participation and registration of users should be driven by elected SAEVA regional representatives. The SAEVA regional representative coordinator, who is a member of the executive committee, must coordinate this effort, and is responsible for the monthly reporting.
Terms of reference: SAEVA Regional Representatives
Terms of reference: SAEVA Regional Representitive coordinator
• receive relevant training to operate the system, collate information and extract monthly reports.
• Prepare material for the SAEVA Regional Representatives
• Regularly liaise with the SAEVA Regional Representatives, Provincial Directors and DAFF
• Distribute monthly reports according to a SOP
• Liaise with the SAEVA Regional Representatives to evaluate progress for disease reporting.
• Encourage Regional Representatives to grow the system and take responsibility for it themselves.
Aim: Ensure communications with regional SAVA branches and involvement in regional veterinary committees
Ensure equine content is covered at regional congresses
Organise and coordinate educational events for horse owners in the area or equine industry bodies (eg farriers, show holding bodies, animal health technicians, vet nurses)