SAEVA regional representatives are elected at the Annual General Meeting and they are the official SAEVA spokesperson for equine veterinarians in that region. Their duties relate to Communication and Continued Professional Development; Disease Reporting and Welfare.
Terms of Reference: Communication and Continued Professional Development
Terms of reference: SAEVA Regional Representative coordinator
The SAEVA regional representative coordinator, who is a member of the SAEVA executive committee, will support the Regional Representatives and facilitate feedback and monthly reporting.
• receive relevant training to operate the system, collate information and extract monthly reports.
• Prepare material for the SAEVA Regional Representatives
• Regularly liaise with the SAEVA Regional Representatives, Provincial Directors and DAFF
• Distribute monthly reports according to a SOP
• Liaise with the SAEVA Regional Representatives to evaluate progress.
• Encourage Regional Representatives to take responsibility for and grow the ECOD system in their region.
Aim: Ensure communications with regional SAVA branches and involvement in regional veterinary committees
Ensure equine content is covered at regional congresses
Organise and coordinate educational events for horse owners in the area or equine industry bodies (eg farriers, show holding bodies, animal health technicians, vet nurses)