To many of you, this may be already common knowledge but it seems not all know which passports are acceptable as a movement document for horses into and within the AHS controlled area.Â For any horse that needs to be moved between AHS zones, and from the infected zone into the AHS controlled area, ONLY the following passports comply:
- The SAEF passport: FEI group IX passport (the old blue ones and the new green ones)
- Â The NHRA passports (green jockey club passports used for thoroughbreds)
- Â The import export council passports (Red passports issued by the NHRA)
- Â And since September 2015 the Red Studbook passports, BUT only the new ones that have a picture of them that looks like the one attached.Â ALL THE OLD STUDBOOK PASSPORTS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR MOVEMENT, AND ACTUALLY HAVE NEVER BEEN ON THE ACCEPTED LIST OF PASSPORTS.
- Â The vaccinations for AHS must have been done by a veterinarian, and the ID page of the passport must have been completed by a veterinarian.
- Â So if you have a client that is planning to move a horse and you are either unsure of the passport the horse has, or you have realised that it either does not have a passport, or it is one of the old Studbook passports that DO NOT comply for movement, please contact myself or Danielle Pienaar so we can advise you as to how we can rectify the situation.
- Â FOR THOSE GOING TO SHOWS OUTSIDE OF THE CONTROLLED AREA, ALSO PLEASE NOTE THAT A MOVEMENT APPLICATION FORM MUST BE COMPLETED. FIND ATTACHED. This application is also required for any other movement of horses from the infected zone into the AHS controlled area.
Please find the necessary links here:
Please contact us if we can help in any way further, or if anything is unclear.
Dr. Camilla Weyer
DAFF authorised Veterinarian (Ref: 1/2/1/7/1)
State Vet Boland authorised Veterinarian
(Movement Control and Equine Disease Surveillance)
and Research Officer
Equine Research Centre
Cell: 076 152 2782
Fax: 086 558 9818